Fire Safety and fire alarms in blocks of flats
Fire safety - how you can help
Fire safety is everyone’s responsibility, and you can help keep your block safe by:
- keeping corridors clear
- not propping fire doors open
- taking care when cooking
- never leaving unattended candles burning
- making sure cigarettes are properly extinguished
- not putting flammable materials in communal store cupboards
- not keeping bottled gas canisters in your home
- taking responsibility for rubbish and making sure it’s disposed of appropriately
- making sure mobility scooters, bicycles or other items are not left in corridors or somewhere that might hinder your exit from your flat
- knowing your escape routes in case you are asked to leave your flat if told do so in an emergency – and making sure everyone who lives in your home knows them too.
Fire risk assessments
Your safety is important to us, which is why we carry out regular fire risk assessments on all our blocks. You can view the fire risk assessment for your block here.
Beacon Hill House
Colston Road, St Alban's Road and Austin Street
Elliot Goodwin House
Forest Road West
Independent living schemes
Pear Tree Orchard Court
Snape Nook Court
If you have any additional fire safety concerns that you'd like us to look into, please email us or call 0115 746 9007.
Fire alarm sounds
Live in a high rise? You can listen to the sound of the fire alarm in your block below.