Supporting suppliers during the coronavirus outbreak
We appreciate the commitment and support from our contracted suppliers to maintain services and supplies to NCH during the coronavirus outbreak.
During this period, we want to work with our suppliers to provide support where we can to those struggling to meet their contractual obligations or those who may have been adversely affected by the need to suspend services or change ways of working.
We want to work together to support our contracted suppliers so that we are all in a positive position to resume normal contract service delivery as soon as possible.
The government has issued two procurement policy notes to support this:
- PPN 01/20 Responding to Covid-19 which provides information and guidance on public procurement regulations and responding to the coronavirus
- PPN 02/20 Supplier Relief Due to Covid-19 which sets out information and guidance for public bodies on payment of their suppliers to ensure service continuity during and after the current coronavirus, COVID-19 outbreak.
Every contract has its own unique characteristics and the support needed will vary case by case. However, we may be able to offer support such as:
- accelerated invoice payment (already in place for invoices properly administered against POs)
- increased frequency of invoicing
- forward ordering of goods/services
- change to delivery locations, frequency and timing of delivery
- extension of time for contract performance
- discussing potential for Payments in advance
- revised milestones or delivery dates.
To discuss how we can help, please get in touch with your usual client contact at NCH.
Please note: there are commitments and conditions applied to the relief being provided, including the need to agree to open book accounting. You can find more details in the PPN02/20 document.