We're looking for nominations for our fantastic Tenant and Leaseholder Awards!
These prestigious awards are all about shining a light on the many unsung heroes who make our estates and neighbourhoods great great places to live.
You can see last year's winners and read about why they won by clicking here.
We want to hear about, and celebrate, the tremendous work residents and community groups do across the city.
Nominations for the 2018 awards have now closed.
Here's the list of the categories you can make your nominations in*:
For NCH tenants and leaseholders only
- Tenant or Leaseholder of the Year. Someone who has made a significant contribution to the lives of the people in their community - either individually or through organisations they are part of
- Good neighbour award. Someone who goes that extra mile for their neighbours by helping them with their shopping, sorting out difficult situations - or who has just been a caring person.
- Outstanding personal development. Someone who has gained new skills and / or qualifications that have helped improve their daily life, contributed to their community, or helped them deliver projects or get a job.
- Street and Block Champion of the Year. Awarded to an individual who has given back to their community to help others, making a real difference in their street or block
For groups / projects
- Community group of the year. For groups that work to improve their area by making estate improvements, putting on activities for local people, providing services to the community or running their local community centre.
- Best green project. This could be a project to improve a derelict park or green space, something that increases awareness of recycling in a community, or teaches people how to grow their own fruit and vegetables
- Best community project / event. Awarded to projects or events that improve the lives of our residents and brings the community together - for example, community trips, fun days, celebratory events, a sports group, or anything that has delivered a fantastic service or project.
- Best older person's initiative or event. This could be a project that is run in one or more of our Independent Living Schemes to improve the lives of our residents or a project, group or initiative that runs in our communities that our older residents can access.
Best health and wellbeing project. Awarded for an individual or group that offers sporting or health and wellbeing opportunities to people in our communities, for example a project that has used sport to combat issues in our neighbourhoods, or that promotes disability sports.
*Nottingham City Homes reserves the right to move entries to different award categories if they feel it is appropriate.