We collect rent rent from you to help provide services to you.
In this section, you can find out more about
- Paying your rent
- Our FREE money advice service
- Claiming benefits
- Important changes to housing and other benefits (from April 2013)
- Contents insurance
Important changes are happening from 2013 if you claim benefits!
The main changes
- Your benefits will all get paid to you (not direct to us)
- You will get lose benefit if you are defined as underoccupying your home (if you have 'spare bedrooms')
- A cap on most benefits
- Councils will run their own council tax schemes. The amount of council tax benefit you get could be cut and some people won't qualify.
From April 2013 all benefits will gradually become the responsiblity of the Department for Work and Pensions (not Nottingham City Council like now).
We can help
- Read our section on Important Benefit Changes.
- Get money advice
- Take a look at our 'Right Size' video below
- Take a look at our welfare reform video below