Pay your rent
This section tells you more about how and where you can pay your housing rent, council tax, and housing benefit overpayments.
Responsible Tenant Reward
Rent, responsiblility, respect = reward!
Lots of our tenants behave responsibly by paying their rent, looking after their home and being a good neighbour. This could be you! We want to recognise this so we have Responsible Tenant Reward! Find out more...
One of the easiest ways you can pay your rent, council tax and other payments if you have a regular payment going into a bank account. More than 3,500 of our tenants now pay in this way. It's easy to set up and secure. Pick up the form from your area housing office, call us on 0115 915 4920 or download your direct debit form here.
Are you one of our leaseholders and own your own flat? You can now pay your service charges by direct debit too! Contact the Leaseholder team on 0115 915 7385.
Why not use our secure 24-hour payment service? You can make various different payments with most major credit or debit cards. Pay your rent on-line here. (Nottingham City Council)
You can pay over the automated freephone hotline on 0800 052 0173 at any time or on 0115 915 4920 between 8.15am to 5.50 pm Monday to Friday. You can pay by most sorts of credit and debit cards.
In cash or by cheque
Post offices accept payment in cash, by cheque (payable to Post Office Counters Ltd) or most major debit cards. There is no charge for paying at the post office.
PayZone and PayPoint
You can pay at either the post office or paypoint shop with the bar code printed on the back of your Citycard. Please take care of your card because if the bar code gets damaged the machine used to make the payment won't be able to read it. You will get a separate receipt which you can attach to your bill or card. Please keep all receipts safe. There is no charge for paying at a payzone or paypoint shop.
- Old Highbury Vale, Basford, Heathfield, Stockhill, Old Basford, New Basford and Whitemoor North
- Bells Lane, Aspley, Broxtowe, Beechdale and Beechdale Bungalows
- Top Valley East, West and South, Bestwood and Bestwood Park, Leen Valley and Edwards Lane
- Bulwell Hall, Squires Avenue, Top Valley North & West, Austin Street, Cantrell Road, New Highbury Vale, Cinderhill and Bestwood
- Central Bulwell, Snape Wood, Crabtree Farm, Cinderhill, Cantrell Road, Hollydene, Austin Street and New Highbury Vale
- City Centre
- North and South Clifton, Southchurch Court and Nobel Road
- Bilborough, Wollaton Vale, Fernwood and Lenton Abbey
- The Meadows
- Radford and Arboretum
- Sherwood, Mapperley, Pearmain Drive,Carrington, Kildare and Kingsthorpe and Woodthorpe and Winchester
- Colwick, Sneinton, Cardale, Porchester and Bakersfield
- St Ann's
- Ainsley, Rodwell, Southwold, Wollaton and Wollaton Park
If you are already registered, you can still pay your rent and council tax by BillPay (now part of Santander banking).
Please see the relevant bill, invoice, or payment documentation for details of how to make payments by post. You can send the payment to your local housing office. Do not send cash by post.
What happens if I don't pay?
We will send you a number of letters telling you that you owe rent and that you need to get your rent account up to date. This will involve a number of visits by a rent account manager who will help you sort your account out. If you do not pay after we have tried several times to help sort out your rent payments, we may have to issue you with a notice of seeking possession for non-payment of rent. You could end up losing your home.
Don't let this be you!