We’re committed to tackling anti-social behaviour (ASB), hate crime and domestic abuse in our communities, and to being a major player in transforming the quality of life in our neighbourhoods.
We want you to enjoy peace, quiet and security in and around your home. We deal with ASB in a number of ways. Find out more about how we deal with ASB.
ASB includes a wide range of unacceptable behaviour that affects peoples’ quality of life, including:
- Noise, like loud music or noisy parties
- Verbal abuse, harassment, intimidation or threatening behaviour
- Hate crime
- Vandalism and damage to property
- Nuisance vehicle noise
- Drug misuse and dealing
- Alcohol related disturbances
- Domestic abuse or violence
- Littering, fly-tipping, overgrown gardens or hedges
- Pet or animal nuisance
- Misuse of communal areas or public spaces - loitering, prostitution, sexual acts, kerb crawling
- Criminal behaviour not included above.
Behaviour that we wouldn’t normally class as ASB includes:
- Household noise due to everyday living (such as babies crying, doors banging, toilets flushing or vacuuming)
- Children playing
- One-off parties, barbecues or celebrations at reasonable times
- Cooking smells
- DIY in reasonable hours
- Someone parking lawfully
However, if any of the above are found to be having a harmful impact on a person because they are vulnerable, then we will investigate the matter further.
If you are suffering as a result of any kind of ASB, please let us know. Contact your housing office. Call us 24 hours a day on 0115 915 2020 or email us.
You can also report non-emergencies to the police on 101, or emergencies on 999.
Nottingham Crime and Drug Partnership