Creating homes and places where people want to live

Compliments, Comments and Complaints


It's always good to know we’re getting something right – and it’d be great to hear from you if we’ve done a good job that you’re happy with. If it’s a particular member of staff who’s involved, we’ll make sure we let them know.  Please let us have the details.


Sometimes, you might just want to let us know what you think about the work we do. Your views can help improve our services. Let us know what you think, and we'll write to you within a month to let you know if we’re making improvements as a result of what you’ve said.


If you’re not happy with something we’ve done, we want to hear about it so that we can put it right and make sure it doesn’t happen again.

If you have a complaint, please complete our complaints form.

If your complaint is about something that can be resolved quickly, we’ll try to fix the problem in three working days.

If your complaint is more complex, and we need to investigate it, we’ll discuss with you so we can understand all the details fully. We’ll then give one of our team the responsibility of carrying out a thorough investigation, overseen by one of our managers.

If you still aren't satisfied with the outcome, you’ll be able to discuss your complaint with our customer relations team and, if you like, refer it to a designated person (or persons) such as an MP, a local councillor or our tenant complaint panel.          

If you don’t feel that things have been resolved after eight weeks, you can ask for your complaint to be reviewed by the Housing Ombudsman (or, if the complaint is about the allocations process, by the Local Government Ombudsman). They’ll investigate your complaint and gather evidence to help them reach a decision. Their powers are similar to those of a court in terms of getting evidence, and they’ll keep you up to date with the results of their investigation. Their decision is final, and there is no right of appeal.

Please be aware that during the current coronavirus outbreak there may be delays in responding to your complaint.

Useful links

Our Compliments, Comments and Complaints Procedure

The Housing Ombudsman

The Local Government Ombudsman