Housing to Health is a service aimed at improving links between housing and health in Nottingham.
It's a partnership between Nottingham City Homes and Nottingham City Care Partnership. It's aimed at helping to ease the strain on the health service by providing suitable homes to speed up a patients discharge from hospital, or directing people at risk of being admitted to hospital due to their poor living conditions into good quality homes.
Housing Health Co-ordinators (pictured) act as the referral point and are responsible for sourcing suitable accommodation from Nottingham City Homes and other Registered Providers vacant properties.
What are the benefits?
Reducing bed blocking to:
- save the NHS money
- free up high demand hospital beds
- reduce the number of empty homes
- free up high demand / under occupation of homes
Helping people to stay healthy, for longer, by:
- encouraging proactive referrals
- preventing hospital admissions / re-admissions
- providing appropriate accommodation that are safer for people to live in
- reducing the need for costly adaptations
If you know anybody who might benefit from this service email us or call 0115 746 9786.
An evaluation report has been produced showing the impact of the project for the period November 2015 to March 2018. This can be downloaded here: