We've made sure that Nottingham's tenants' voices are heard loud and clear by the Government in the past.
Together, we've got the Government to:
- give decent homes funding to Nottingham
- scrap their plans for fixed-term tenancies, which would have ended tenancies for life
- scrap their plans to force us to sell off larger council houses
- scrap their plans to charge some tenants more rent
These are big wins for Nottingham tenants!
Now the Government has come up with new ideas - some of which you helped to shape, which they have published in a social housing green paper. This includes:
- ending the stigma of council housing
- building more council housing (but not in Nottingham - which we want to challenge)
- giving tenants more of a voice
- looking at the decent home standard again
As always, the devil will be in the detail...
You can read the social housing green paper by clicking here.
Tell us what you think!
We want to know what you think about the proposals in the green paper, so we can get your voice heard again. You can email us with your thoughts or call us on 0115 746 9100.
There will also be a chance for you to share your views at our Fun Day on Saturday 15 September at the Bulwell Academy - so please come along and tell us what you think.
We're also planning some focus groups with residents to look at the proposals and get your views. If you'd like to register your interest to attend one of those, please email us or call 0115 746 9100.
The consultation closes at 11.45pm on Tuesday 6 November.