There are some extra tenancy conditions to keep to when you live in a flat.
You can find out about fire safety and fire alarms in flats here.
You can find out about our communal area policy here.
- Help keep shared areas clean and tidy
- use rubbish chutes or bins for normal household rubbish only
- make proper arrangements to dispose of medical waste such as needles, syringes or sanitary items
- report any faults or repairs needed in shared areas
- keep the noise down, particularly at night or early in the morning, as people are living more closely to you than they would be if you lived in a house.
- Cause nuisance to or annoy your neighbours
- leave things in communal areas
- smoke in communal areas or lifts
- prop open shared doors
- let strangers in through the door entry control system
- keep dogs or cats if you don’t have private access to an enclosed garden (unless you have a guide dog or a hearing dog and you’re disabled)
- park in a way that blocks access for emergency vehicles
- put up an aerial or satellite dish without our permission
- throw anything out of the windows or from balconies.
Please take a look at our flat safety fact sheet.
If you live in the Victoria Centre flats, find out about fire safety and emergency procedures here.